Welcome to Fayson Lakes
Summer Q&A/Information Session - THIS SATURDAY, JULY 18TH 10:00 AM
The March membership meeting had been postponed twice due to restrictions placed on group gatherings by the COVID-19 pandemic. In response, we significantly increased the frequency of our electronic communications over the past several months - including email blasts, website updates, and social media postings - to keep our members informed of key developments, and directly answered questions sent to our FLA Questions Mailbox, Business Office, and Fayson Lakes Facebook Group.
There had been a sufficient number of proxy cards submitted by association members to allow the Board of Trustees to approve the 2020-2021 budget - most importantly, payroll for beach staff and general maintenance funds - so that we could commence with regular summer operations, and allow our members to begin enjoying our facilities as COVID-19 restrictions were gradually lifted by NJ Executive Orders. Therefore, in lieu of the typical March meeting, to provide an additional opportunity for bi-directional communication with our association membership, we are planning to hold a summer "Q&A" and information session for FLA Members. This session will take place on Saturday, July 18 at 10:00 AM on the Main Beach Sports Court.
- Folding chairs will be placed at intervals of at least 6 feet apart, and will be sanitized before and after use.
- All attendees are strongly encouraged to wear masks, and are required to do so in any situation in which they cannot social distance (remain at least 6 feet away) from non-household members, as per NJ Executive Order 163.
- Anyone who is ill, has been in recent contact with someone with COVID-19, has traveled to/from a state on the travel advisory list since 7/4, or who is otherwise experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, must follow CDC quarantine guidelines and stay home.
- We are also preparing a "live stream" video of this session, for any members who are unable to attend in-person.
- We will send out the link to this video to our email distribution list by the morning of 7/18, so be on the lookout for it then - and check your "spam" and "promotions" folders if you do not receive it.
- Badge checkers will be located at the beach entrances - so remember to bring your badges if you are planning to attend in-person! If you have specific questions that you would like us to address, please submit them using this Google Form, and we will attempt to address these during the session. Otherwise, if time does not permit, we will directly follow-up with you afterwards.
We hope that you will be able to join us for this session, as we are looking forward to seeing everyone! In the meantime, we continue to wish you and your family a healthy, safe, and happy Fayson summer!
The Board of Trustees, Fayson Lakes Association
Spring Membership Meeting
The Spring Membership Meeting of The Fayson Lakes Association, for the transaction of any business that may be legally brought before the meeting, has been POSTPONED due to COVID-19 restrictions. We will communicate any updates regarding this meeting once they have been determined.
Proxy cards will be mailed out at the end of February. It is important to return your proxy card if you are not going to be attending the meeting as we need 25% representation of the paid membership to obtain the quorum required to hold a legal meeting. You may either mail your signed proxy card back to the office or place it in the drop box at the front of the Clubhouse. Please clearly print your name and address on the card, and keep in mind that each member property has one vote. If you did not receive your proxy card, please contact the office by emailing email@example.com.
Ladybug Park Update - Construction Update
Dear FLA Members,
On behalf of the Fayson Lakes Board of Trustees, I am pleased to share updates on progress with the Ladybug Park Renovation. We are confident that the renovation outcome will restore the park to a safe place for children to play and adults to enjoy. Following the removal of several trees on 2/27 to complete Phase I of the project, we are now preparing to complete the remaining phases:
- Phase II - April/May
- Removal of existing fence and excavation of stumps, roots, and damaged asphalt
- Installation of new topsoil and mulch alongside Holly and Maple Trails
- Re-paving of existing sports court, basketball area, and path adjacent to playground
- Installation of new fence around sports court perimeter, including gate for vehicle access
- The area will once again be open and safe for community use after completion of the above
- Phase III - October
- Installation of new trees, shrubs, and other plants alongside Holly and Maple Trails
- Scheduled during ideal growing season to ensure that new plants survive and flourish
- Volunteers to assist with watering plants as they become established
We want to thank everyone for their patience as we work to execute these activities. We have also recently had several association members share their ideas to create rustic benches and signage for the playground, and it is very exciting to watch the community come together on the renovation of this area.
If you have any questions regarding the project or other suggestions for park beautification, please direct them to Laurence Gander, our Capital Improvements Trustee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to sharing additional progress updates over the next couple of months, and for our members to begin enjoying a revitalized Ladybug Park in the near future.
Jim Jacobus, FLA Board President
2020 Membership Dues Letter
Your 2020 Membership Dues form will be mailed at the end of January. Please note there will be two enclosures that accompany your dues statement. The first is a cover letter for the dues statement reviewing general instructions for filling out your statement and information for avoiding common mistakes on your statement; the second is a page of information about our Boat Clean-Up Initiative and a status of our discussion on Pontoon Boats. Please open your dues statement as soon as you receive it. The Dues Letter has also been posted to this website (Look for "2020 Dues Letter" button under "Home" or click HERE).
HELP WANTED: 2020 Open Beach Positions/Application Posted
The Fayson Lakes Association is looking to the fill the following positions for the 2020 Summer Beach Season: Beach Director, Assistant Beach Director, Lifeguards, Badge Checkers, and Maintenance. A full description of each position has been posted on the "Beach" page of the website, along with the application. Please review the open positions and get your application in by Friday, February 14th. Click BEACH to view the open positions and APPLICATION to download the application.
THE FAYSON LAKES DIRECTORY IS COMPLETE AND ON SALE NOW
The Fayson Lakes Phone Directory update is completed, published and ON SALE. The cost is $5.00 per book. Achiever volunteers will sell directories door-to-door in their neighborhoods and we will also be at the Clubhouse on select Saturdays in November (the 9th and 16th from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM). This directory was last updated in 2009, so it was a huge project. We hope everyone finds it useful.
The Fayson Lakes Phone Directory update is completed, published and ON SALE. The cost is $5.00 per book. This directory was last updated in 2009, so it was a huge project. We hope everyone finds it useful.
For more information on the Fayson Lakes Achievers Club, check out their page on our website at www.faysonlakes.org/achievers/ or contact the club's new president, Patricia James at (973) 492-9520 or email@example.com.
VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE STAY OFF MAIN BEACH PICNIC AREA
A REMINDER TO ALL RESIDENTS: The picnic area at Main Beach has been landscaped and seeded with the hope that we have covered many of the roots and can grow grass for next Summer. This area has been cordoned off from use for the Winter. Please advise all family members to avoid walking on the picnic area during the off season. The playground and tennis courts can be accessed by using the path that goes across the top of the Shack.
The FLA Board of Trustees