Membership Dues Notice
Dear FLA Members,
Your 2021 Membership Dues Statement will be mailed to you at the end of January. We are hoping for a normal summer; however, because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are anticipating that badge pickup may still be an issue this year. We are, therefore, requesting that you add the $3.50 mailing fee to your dues total and expect to receive your badges by mail. As per FLA By-Laws, annual dues are due to be paid by March 1.
Please take note of the following information:
No Change to Dues Amount – The dues for 2021 will remain at $585.
Senior Discount – As stated in our by-laws, members age 65 and older in good standing for the previous five years may apply to have their annual dues reduced by 50%; and members age 80 and older in good standing for the previous five years may apply to be exempt from the payment of annual dues (the dam assessment must still be paid). Age is determined as of March 1. To qualify for a senior discount for the first time, please supply proof of age with your completed membership form. To claim the discount, you must be the property owner or the property owner’s married spouse. Senior discounts are available only if you are living at your property; if you are renting your property, full dues must be paid.
Dues do not include Family Badges – Just a reminder that family badges are not included with your dues or with an Associate Membership; they must be purchased separately on Line 5 of your dues statement. If you are ordering guest badges, you must purchase at least one family badge. Please review the back of your dues statement for more information regarding badges.
Misuse of Badges – Family badges are not transferable under any circumstances. Guest badges may not be lent to other members or given to Fayson Lakes’ residents who are delinquent.
Associate Memberships – Adult members of the permanent household (excluding the property owner and owner’s married spouse) and children 23 years of age and over as of March 1, must become Associate Members of the Association and pay a $30 Associate Membership fee. This fee does not include a family badge; family badges must be purchased separately on Line 5 of your dues statement. Grown children who no longer live with you should not be considered Associate Members and should instead use guest badges.
Dam Assessment – Please remember to add the dam assessment of $245 into your Total Amount Due.
Family Badges – A family badge should be purchased on Line 5 for every family member permanently residing in your household who will be using Association privileges, with the exception of children under the age of 6 (as of March 1). Family badges should not be purchased for grown children who are no longer living at home.
Grandchild Badges – This year you may purchase your grandchild badges on Line 7 of your dues statement.
Boat Registration – If you are purchasing boat decals for your boat(s), please remember to include a short description of each boat. Pontoon boat owners will receive a separate registration form for their pontoon boat.
Beach Patrol – You will see a box at the bottom of the form asking you to volunteer one evening of your summer for Beach Patrol. Having an active Beach Patrol is vital to minimizing vandalism and ensuring that non-members are not congregating on Association property after beach hours. Please consider signing up for Beach Patrol; you will be contacted in the summer to schedule your date.
Bank Checks – if you do on-line banking and have your bank send your dues payment for you, please remember to mail back or drop into the lock box your completed dues statement.
Phone and Email – At the bottom of your dues statement, there is space to provide your phone number(s) and e-mail address(es). We need your phone number to keep your membership record current, and your e-mail address is used to send you our quarterly Fayson Fax as well as messages relating to Association business, events, important dates, etc. Please remember to provide this information.
Badge Pickup versus Badge Mailing – Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, all badges will be mailed. Please include the $3.50 mailing fee with your payment.
DUES ARE PAYABLE BY MARCH 1 AS PER FLA BY-LAWS.
PAYMENTS RECEIVED AFTER MAY 10 MAY NOT RECEIVE BADGES IN TIME FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND.
ALLOW ONE WEEK FOR BADGE PROCESSING AND TWO WEEKS FOR MAILING.
THE OFFICE WILL NOT BE OPEN ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TO PROCESS PAYMENTS OR ISSUE BADGES.
Line Numbers 1-9 below provide a preview of the information that appears on the front side of the 2021 Membership Dues Statement. Additional supporting information can be found on the back of the form:
1. FAMILY MEMBERS - You are asked to list the first and last names of every permanent member of your household who will be using Association facilities/property along with their dates of birth (family badges are purchased on Line 5). Please list only those family members who live in your house. Guest badges should be used for grown children who no longer live with you. If there are multiple surnames in the family, please indicate both first and last names. Children under 6 should be listed here but do not require a family badge. Resident family members 23 years of age or older who are not the property owner or their spouse should be listed here and are required to have an Associate Membership (see Line 3) and a family badge (see Line 5). If you are a member owner who is renting your property, you may choose to retain membership privileges for yourself OR pass them along to your tenant. If your tenant will be using the facilities, please provide names and birthdates for everyone living at your property (or have your tenant provide this information).
2. MEMBERSHIP DUES - You must specify a membership type from the following options:
A. Standard Membership: $585.00
B. Senior Citizen (65) Membership: $292.50
C. Senior Citizen (80) Membership: $0.00
Note that family badges are not included with your membership and must be purchased on Line 5.
3. ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP DUES - A family member 23 years of age or older (as of March 1) permanently residing at the property (excluding the property owner and owner’s married spouse) is required to be an Associate Member. The fee for an Associate Membership is $30.00. This fee does not include a family badge which must be purchased separately on Line 5.
4. ANNUAL DAM ASSESSMENT - The annual dam assessment of $245 must be paid by all Fayson property owners. Please remember to include the dam assessment in your total amount due.
5. FAMILY BADGES - $2.00 each; required for every family member listed on Line 1, except children under the age of 6 (age as of March 1). Family badges are not transferrable, and badges should not be purchased for family members or other persons who do not live with you.
6. GUEST BADGES - $20.00 each (14 punches/badge); a maximum of 6 may be purchased (including Grandchild badges).
7. GRANDCHILD BADGES - $10.00 each for grandchildren ages 6-18. Unlimited use; badges do not need to be punched. Grandchildren are considered guests and must be accompanied by a member; they may not sign in other guests. Guest grandchildren may participate in beach activities, excluding participation in the Fayson Lakes Swim Club.
8. GUEST FISHING BADGES - $10.00 each; a maximum of 3 may be purchased. This badge does not allow access to beach facilities. Guests must be accompanied by a member while fishing. As specified in our by-laws, “Persons fourteen years of age or older may not fish from the shore or docks” and “Senior Citizens and handicapped persons, who are Association members, may, for a nominal charge, apply to the Board of Trustees for a badge which will permit them to fish from the shoreline of Association properties”. Please contact the office if you require the special badge that allows you to fish from shore. All state fishing laws are in effect.
9. BOAT DECALS - A set of two current year decals is required for every boat used or stored on Association property. The cost is $3.00/set. Please supply a brief description of each boat for which decals are purchased. Your decals will come to you marked with your boat registration number. In addition to displaying your decals, it is mandatory that every boat be clearly marked on both sides of the bow with its registration number. This can be done by stenciling, using adhesive letters and numbers, or by any other means, as long as the registration number is clearly visible. DO NOT RELY ON THE FLA BOAT DECALS TO IDENTIFY YOUR BOAT AS YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBER MAY FADE OR THE DECALS MAY BE STOLEN OR TAMPERED WITH. Unmarked boats may be removed and discarded at the Board’s discretion. NOTE: PONTOON BOAT OWNERS WILL BE SUPPLIED WITH A SEPARATE REGISTRATION FORM.
10. FAYSON LAKES AUTO DECALS - Available free of charge. If you would like an auto decal for your car, just make that request when
returning your dues statement; and your auto decal will be included with your badge mailing.
If you have any questions on how to fill out your membership dues form, please contact the office at (973) 838-2043 or send an email to email@example.com.