Dear FLA Members,
On Sunday, March 15th, 2020, the CDC gave the following guidance with respect to the COVID-19 outbreak:
"CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings, recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States."
For the CDC's full recommendation, click here.
In order to safeguard our community members, including older adults and those with certain pre-existing medical conditions who are at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness, the Fayson Lakes Board of Trustees is postponing the Spring Membership Meeting.
The new target date for the Spring Membership Meeting is Saturday, May 2nd, 2020, at 10:00 AM. At this time, we are planning to hold this meeting at the Clubhouse, though we are also exploring options for members to participate remotely. Please note: if the CDC extends their recommendation, the Board of Trustees may change the date, in order to keep our residents safe and healthy.
To keep our community members informed, we will continue to update the Fayson Lakes Website (http://faysonlakes.org), send email blasts, publish the April issue of the Fayson Fax, and use the Fayson Lakes Facebook page to communicate as needed. This includes sharing information regarding ongoing projects and providing updates on scheduled events and other activities.
We would encourage you to communicate with us in advance of our meeting, so that we can address your questions with depth and knowledge. The Board of Trustees has created a new email address for this purpose. Please address your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions are welcome!
Please note that the business office will also be closed until further notice. Dues payments may still be mailed or dropped off at the Clubhouse. Badge orders will be filled during our office closure and badge pickup will be delayed until May 2nd. If anyone has questions about their dues payment or about purchasing badges please contact Cathy Luisi by email, email@example.com or leave a voice message at (973) 838-2043.
If you require assistance during these unprecedented times, or know of another resident who requires assistance, please contact the Board of Trustees through our Business Manager, Cathy Luisi. You can leave a message at (973) 838-2043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond accordingly.
Please check the Fayson Lakes website frequently and pay close attention to your e-mail messages for the latest information affecting our community.
We wish everyone good health and hope to see everyone on May 2nd.
The Fayson Lakes Board of Trustees
Dear FLA Members,
We thank you for your understanding and patience during these unprecedented
times, while we have worked to define and implement our plans for the Fayson
Lakes beaches this summer. The Board of Trustees has been spending a significant
amount of time over the past several months carefully monitoring Executive Orders
from NJ Governor Phil Murphy, soliciting and reviewing the guidance of various
Health Departments, and conferring with many others, including insurance carriers,
our own Beach Director, and the leaders of other lake associations that are tasked
with addressing similar concerns.
Our primary challenge and responsibility can effectively be summarized as
delivering a safe and healthy environment for our members, while still offering an
acceptable level of recreational enjoyment. All of which must occur while remaining
within the constraints of both what we are legally permitted to do, and in
consideration of associated risks and liabilities.
At this time, we are adopting and implementing the following policies for Summer 2020, beginning with Memorial Day Weekend (effective 5/23/20), until further notice. Please note the below may be subject to change at a later date, as regulations and health guidelines evolve:
- Swimming/No Lifeguards
- No Lifeguards on-duty; SWIMMING IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Those in the water must remain at least 6 feet away from anyone who does not reside within the same household.
- Dock usage is not permitted. All docks in the swim areas at Main Beach and Sabey's Beach are closed, and ropes will be placed to cordon off these areas.
- Swimming lanes usage is not permitted.
- Beach Usage
- Beaches will be available to Fayson Lakes members only during the following hours:
- Main Beach: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sabey's Beach: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- We will continue to reevaluate any changes to these hours after Memorial Day Weekend.
- Members must remain at least 6 feet away from anyone who does not reside within the same household.
- Members and employees must wear face masks in situations where social distancing of 6 feet is difficult to maintain.
- Beach staff will continuously assess capacity, and reserves the right to defer entry at any time, to be indicated through posted signs/boards.
- All other Beach Rules apply, and beach entrance constitutes acceptance of all documented policies/rules.
- Badge Checking
- Badge checkers will be posted at beach entrances during the above hours and will help to enforce our year-round policy that badges be displayed or worn visibly whenever on association private property.
- This procedure will involve individuals forming a line at beach entrances with spacing of 6 feet apart, from both one another and badge checkers, and allowing for proper entry and exit of pedestrian traffic at these locations.
- Cave and Clubhouse bathrooms will not yet be available.
- Members should plan to use home facilities as needed.
- Usage of association grounds or other private property as substitutes for bathrooms is strictly prohibited.
- Guest/Grandchild Badges
- For the start of the season, to assist with limiting the beach population and facilitating appropriate social distancing for members, Guest and Grandchild badges will not yet be permitted for beach entrance.
- Exceptions will be permitted for those providing childcare on behalf of a non-present parent association member.
- We recognize that many of us have purchased these badges, and so we are optimistic that we will have the opportunity to permit them for beach usage at some point this summer.
- Beach Events/Gatherings
- Memorial Day Picnic has been cancelled.
- We will reevaluate our ability to hold other scheduled events as the summer progresses.
- Picnic tables and Clubhouse deck furniture will not be available for use.
- Parties and other gatherings that violate social distancing regulations are not permitted at this time.
- Sunday Races/Swimming Lessons/Arts & Crafts
- Closed, with no borrowing of FLA boats or beach toys permitted.
- Continue to remain closed, as per Executive Orders.
- Tennis/Organized Sports
- Please follow guidelines shared for Kinnelon Municipal Tennis Courts (disregard section on reserved pickleball hours).
- All sports courts should be vacated at dusk.
- Close contact sports and those which involve touching common equipment are not permitted for those who do not reside within the same household.
- Closed for now, though food services may be made available later in the season.
- Closed for now, including bathrooms.
- Grills will remain covered and unavailable for use.
- Carry-In/Carry-Out Garbage
- Garbage receptacles at Main Beach and Sabey's Beach will remain unavailable for now, as will the dumpsters adjacent to the Clubhouse
- Members are required to carry-out whatever they carry-in, and are requested to bring their own disposal bags from home for this purpose.
We understand that the policy changes described above are not ideal. We are association members ourselves, first and foremost, and so these policies will similarly impact all of our families as well. Every decision that we've had to make has required us to put ourselves in the shoes of our community members, and consider these challenges from many different angles. We have sought the counsel of, and shared our own advice with, other lake associations. Yet Fayson Lakes is also unique, and so we must ultimately determine what we believe will best serve the distinct interests and circumstances of our own community.
As noted in previous communications, we expect the COVID-19 situation to continue to evolve in the coming months; and with it, our plans for the Fayson Lakes summer likely will as well. We are hopeful that, with continued positive developments regarding this pandemic and by abiding to the guidelines put forth, we will have further opportunities to restore our regular Fayson activities and summer schedule.
We recognize that our members may have questions regarding the above; perhaps even additional ideas and suggestions on how we can still make this summer as enjoyable as possible, despite some of our current limitations. Therefore, please do not hesitate to reach out to us with your feedback at email@example.com.
Once again, we are here to provide you with any support that we can offer during this COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to wish you and your families all the best health during this time, and hope that you have a wonderful start to the summer!
The Fayson Lakes Board of Trustees