Welcome to Fayson Lakes
ATTENTION ALL FLA BOAT OWNERS
The Board of Trustees is proceeding with the Boat Clean-Up Initiative that was started last year. The goal of the initiative is to remove old and abandoned boats from the boat launch areas and to revitalize these areas by the Summer of 2021.
- Boats tagged with red tape in 2019 and that still do not have an updated boat decal by the end of July 2020 will be moved to a new location. (location TBD)
- Towards the end of August 2020 any boats that do not display the 2020 boat decals will be tagged with red tape.
- During the grace period (Aug 2020 through May 2021) tagged boats will remain in current location and pictures of the boats will be sent out within an email blast, displayed on the Fayson Lakes Website, or sent in another form of communication.
- When the grace period ends in May of 2021, the boats will be moved to the new location.
- Boats not claimed from the new location by September 2021 will either be auctioned off or discarded.
The Board plans to make this clean-up a cyclical/recurring process that we will follow going forward for boats without up-to-date registration decals, so please make sure to purchase and display the current year decals on your boats.
While the cleanup is in progress, the Board will begin looking into ways to improve the boat launch area; for example, by creating designated spots on the ground to place boats and purchasing more wooden boat racks for small boats like kayaks and canoes. We will also be engaging the Eagle Scouts for potential boat launch area projects.
Unregistered Boats Found - Please Review and Claim
The following unregistered boats were found recently on Association property in the woods near Sabeys Beach and by the South Lake boat launch. Additional unregistered boats were found at both the South Lake and West Lake boat launches. If you are the owner of any of these boats, please contact the FLA office at (973) 838-2043 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Boat Trustee, Rob Galluscio at (518) 755-1520 or email@example.com.
FOUND AT SOUTH LAKE BOAT LAUNCH
FOUND AT WEST LAKE BOAT LAUNCH