Welcome to Fayson Lakes
We are all excited to begin the 2017 beach season at Fayson Lakes. It has been an extremely difficult year for Ellie and myself. The beach has always been our sanctuary so we are looking forward to the peace it brings to us. I would like to thank the Women's Club for organizing the meals delivered to us after Jim's passing. The meals and kind words brought us so much comfort. Jim was an amazing cook and always made sure Ellie and I had delicious meals. I am not much of a cook so the meals made things easier while we tried to get our lives in order. The outpouring of kindness brought us so much strength. Thank you Fayson Lakes community for being there for us.
Please take a look at the tentative beach schedule for the summer of 2017. It will definitely undergo some changes before the regular season starts on June 24th. It is going to be a different summer, but I know together we can make it all work. Soon we will be at the beach with friends and the summer sun will bring us the renewed energy that I'm sure we all need (I know I do!).
Here's to summer!
Corinne De Keukelaere
- No fishing is allowed in the swim areas or swim lanes as this poses a danger to our members and the swim team participants.
- NO DOGS or pets are allowed on Fayson Lakes beaches. Please be considerate to the other community members and adhere to this policy.
2017 UPDATED BEACH SCHEDULE
FLA SUMMER HELP WANTED
Positions Open - Lifeguards, Assistant Beach Director, Badge Checker, Maintenance
The position of Assistant Beach Director is a full time salaried position.
- Supervising beach personnel in the absence of Beach Director
- Securing of beaches and facilities after completion of summer program
- Assisting Beach Director in maintaining work schedule for lifeguards
- Maintaining clean and professional image of self, staff, and all beach facilities
- Assisting in conducting and supervising all lifesaving drills for all lifeguards
- Assisting in conducting beach activities programs
- Enforcing all posted rules of the Fayson Lakes Association
- Must be 21 years of age
Night Supervisor position may also be available for the summer depending upon need - same job description as above.
The position of Main Beach Badge Checker is an hourly position.
- Checking badges of all people entering main beach; Selling day badges
- Punching family guest badges; Recording names of members and guests
- Accounting of money at the beginning and end of day
- Greeting everyone who enters in a friendly, welcoming manner
- Distributing items such as flyers and guest badges that may be asked by the Board or Beach Staff
- Keeping a watchful eye on the picnic area and informing the Beach Director or Assistant of anything that you may observe
The position of Lifeguard is an hourly position.
- Maintaining safety of the water and beach areas
- Enforcing beach rules
- Running beach activities and maintaining beach areas
- Must be a positive role model for children
- Must participate in weekly drills/laps
- Proper certifications required
Head Guard position is available as well.
- Supervising and mentoring guards
- Running weekly drills/laps
The position of Maintenance is an hourly position.
- Maintaining Fayson Lakes property
- Duties include: mowing, weed-whacking, weeding, painting, power washing, garbage removal, and other projects
- Hours vary per week
- Minimum age: 15 - Working Papers Required
- Must be responsible and have initiative to complete projects.
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please click to Download Application For Beach Positions (applications are also available at the office - please contact Cathy Luisi in the Business Office during business hours - 973-838-2043) and return it to:
The Fayson Lakes Association
10 Clubhouse Trail, Kinnelon, NJ 07405