Welcome to Fayson Lakes
Summer 2018 Calendar
|3/1||Membership Dues DUE|
|3/17||March Membership Meeting: 10:00 AM|
|4/14||Fayson Fishing Season Begins|
|4/28||Fayson Earth Day (Rain Date 4/29)|
|5/5||New Members Meeting: 10:00 AM|
|5/12||Fix-It Day (Rain Date 5/19)|
|5/26||Beach Opening Day - Hours for the weekend: Main Beach 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM; Sabey's Beach 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|5/27||FLWC Memorial Day Picnic: 5:30 PM - 11:00 PM|
|5/29 - 6/19||Main Beach Hours: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM Weekdays After School; 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Weekends|
|6/9||Fishing Derby (Rain Date 6/10)|
|6/20 - 6/21||Half Day of School - Main Beach Hours 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|6/22||First Full Beach Day: Main Beach Hours: 9:30 AM - 8:00 PM; Sabey's Beach Hours 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|6/30||FLA Annual July 4th Picnic: 5:30 PM - 11:00 PM|
|Swim Meets are Wednesday Nights in July at 7:00 PM (Check Back For Schedule). Go Gators!|
|7/1||Sunday Races Time Trials: 2:00 PM and Races Every Sunday Following|
|7/1||Penny Carnival: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM|
|7/4||FLA Annual July 4th Parade on Wheels: 10:00 AM|
|7/4||Big Splash: 1:00 PM|
|7/12||Campout Ages 6-12|
|8/20 - 9/2||Beach Hours Change: Main Beach 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM; Sabey's Beach 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|8/25||Adult Biathlon: 10:30 AM|
|8/26||Corn Hole Tournament: 3:00 PM|
|9/1||Children's Races: 10:00 AM; Teen Races: 1:30 PM; Adult Races: 2:30 PM|
|9/2||Fayson 500 (Flagpole to Flagpole): 12:00 PM|
|9/2||Baby Parade: 1:15 PM|
|9/2||Labor Day Swim Races: 2:00 PM|
|9/2||Volleyball Tournament: 3:00 PM|
|9/2||Labor Day Picnic - Pot Luck with Friends: 5:30 PM|
|9/2||FLWC Slide Show: 8:00 PM|
|9/3||Labor Day Awards Ceremony: 2:00 PM|
|9/3||Beach Closed - Lifeguard Clap-Out: 6:00 PM|
SUMMER 2018 LIFEGUARD APPLICATION POSTED
Use this link https://goo.gl/forms/LNJOP2bYtQSH7jUu1 to fill out the form online.
We are all excited to begin the 2017 beach season at Fayson Lakes. It has been an extremely difficult year for Ellie and myself. The beach has always been our sanctuary so we are looking forward to the peace it brings to us. I would like to thank the Women's Club for organizing the meals delivered to us after Jim's passing. The meals and kind words brought us so much comfort. Jim was an amazing cook and always made sure Ellie and I had delicious meals. I am not much of a cook so the meals made things easier while we tried to get our lives in order. The outpouring of kindness brought us so much strength. Thank you Fayson Lakes community for being there for us.
Please take a look at the beach schedule for the summer of 2017 (check back for any changes). It is going to be a different summer, but I know together we can make it all work. Soon we will be at the beach with friends and the summer sun will bring us the renewed energy that I'm sure we all need (I know I do!).
Here's to summer!
Corinne De Keukelaere
- No fishing is allowed in the swim areas or swim lanes as this poses a danger to our members and the swim team participants.
- NO DOGS or pets are allowed on Fayson Lakes beaches. Please be considerate to the other community members and adhere to this policy.
2018 SUMMER BEACH SCHEDULE
2018 BEACH RULES AND INFORMATION
- Badges must be worn at all times (day and night) when on Association property and displayed in a clearly visible manner.
- Borrowing of badges is NOT permitted. Persons not wearing badges will be required to leave Association property.
- Bathers must stay within the roped swimming area regardless of age or ability. Non-swimmers are to keep out of the pool area and remain within arm's length of a caregiver while in the water.
- Inflated plastic buoyant equipment of any kind is not permitted. Rubber rafts may be used.
- Kickboards and rubber balls may be obtained at the beach shack.
- Picnicking on the beaches is not permitted at any time. This includes snacking.
- Bottles and other glass objects are not to be taken onto the beaches.
- Paper and other litter are to be deposited in the litter baskets. There is no smoking on the beach.
- Radios and other sound devices must be played at a reasonable level and with respect for neighbors on the beach, in the Clubhouse, and in homes near the beach. Headphones are recommended.
- Children are not to play or sit in the safety boat. Only authorized personnel or members performing necessary Association work are permitted to operate motorboat.
- Please keep small children away from the T-dock. THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! Lifeguards CANNOT reach the T-dock rapidly from their normal posts in case of an emergency.
- Skin diving is permitted ONLY during prescribed hours and only with a "buddy." Flippers are permitted during a general swim but face masks and snorkels are not.
- ALL PETS AND/OR ANIMALS WILL BE RESTRICTED FROM THE BEACHES AND RECREATIONAL AREAS.
- All State fishing laws are in effect and are supplemented by the Association in an annual message.
- Persons 14 years of age or older MAY NOT fish from the shore or docks, except senior/handicapped members with specific approval and with special badges.
- Guest fishermen must wear a guest fishing badge and be accompanied by a badge-wearing member.
- Do not block the Clubhouse parking lot. An access lane must be maintained through the lot from Clubhouse Trail to Stonybrook Trail at all times, both for members' convenience and for firefighting apparatus in the event of an emergency.
- All children who wear diapers must wear swim diapers in the lake.
- Diaper changing only in designated "Baby Changing" area. DO NOT CHANGE DIAPERS ON THE BEACH!
- Fayson Lakes Dock Test. Children under 14 years of age must pass this two-part test if they wish to go to the deep-water docks.
- Part 1: Swim to the deep-water dock and back without stopping. All tests are to be administered by our beach staff.
- Part 2: Tread water for 1 minute.
PROCEDURE ON MISSING PERSONS DRILL
- Establish that a person is missing.
- Clear the water by sounding the safety horn and public announcement.
- Once the water is cleared, form two lines of people, one at the right side of the swimming area and one on the left side.
- A guard will supervise the walking of each human chain until they reach the middle of the swimming area and entire shallow area has been checked.
- While this is going on, another group of experienced swimmers will form a line in the deep swimming area. This line will surface dive along the bottom counting a five count and then resurface. Once they have all surfaced, a guard on the chair will direct them to back paddle three times and then repeat surface dive and search.
- This operation will continue until the victim has been found.
- While this operation is ongoing, a guard will check the restrooms, cave, picnic area, courts and call person's residence to search for the missing person.
- Guard in chair sounds horn and enters the water.
- Second guard from the shack sprints to guard chair while guard in the shack keeps eyes on the water.
- Once second guard reaches the guard chair, third guard comes out to assist with rescue.
- If needed, call for First Aid Unit.
- Rescue will be handled according to the American Red Cross Lifesaving Procedures.
- A report must be filled out on all water rescues and missing person drills.
- As required by NJ State and Federal laws, there must be one wearable life preserver for every person in a boat at all times. Kayakers must be 12 years of age or older. Kayakers under 12 years old must have an adult in the boat. Paddle boarders must be 14 years of age or older. All boaters must wear life jackets.
- Maximum occupancy is two per kayak and one per paddleboard.
- Swimming from the boats and boards for any reason is not permitted.
Every Sunday at 2:00 PM our National Anthem is played at Main Beach. This is the signal for members to walk down to the pool area for Sunday Races.
This activity consists of events for different age groups. We have a kickboard event for the 7-year-olds and under and children who choose to use a kickboard. The other swimming events are freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke and butterfly. The age groups are 8 and under, 9 & 10, 11 & up. There are separate events for boys and girls except when events do not have enough participants. Each week there is a mystery event for each age group. All events are 25 yards in length.
Trophies are awarded on Labor Day for each event. Trophies are given for Best Time and Most Points with participation certificates handed out to all those who participate for at least 5 Sundays out of the summer. Sunday Races are not just for Swim Team members, but for any member swimmer wishing to participate.
ARTS & CRAFTS
DAILY ACTIVITIES/SPECIAL EVENTS/TOURNAMENT SCHEDULES
SWIMMING LESSONS (SIGN UP AT THE MAIN BEACH SHACK or HERE)
2017 LABOR DAY WEEKEND SCHEDULE
- Saturday, September 2nd
- 10:00 AM - Children's Races
- 4 yrs old & under - Running Forwards, Running Backwards
- 5 & 6 yrs old - Running Forwards, Running Backwards
- 7 & 8 yrs old - Potato Sack, Potato Race
- 9 & 10 yrs old - Potato Sack, Potato Race
- 11 & 12 yrs old - 3 Legged Race, Potato Sack
- Events will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes for Girls & Boys
- 1:30 PM - Teen Races
- Egg Toss
- 3-Legged Race
- Wheelbarrow Race
- Mystery Event
- Events will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes for each partner
- 2:30 PM - Adult Races
- Egg Toss
- 3-Legged Race
- Wheelbarrow Race
- Mystery Event
- Events will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes for each partner
- Sunday, September 3rd
- 12:00 PM - Fayson 500 (Flagpole-to-Flagpole Race)
- Starts East Lake Flagpole
- Check in/boat inspection at 11:45 AM
- 1:15 PM - Baby Parade
- Sign up at the Shack
- Participants must be 4 years or younger
- Participants will appear in costumes
- Prizes will be awarded for the King, Queen, Prince and Princess of the Beach
- 2:00 PM - Volleyball Tournament
- Teams of 4. At least 1 FLA Member per team. $10 per person. Proceeds go to the beach. Gift certificates to local deli for winning team.
- 5:30 PM - Labor Day Picnic
- Bring Dessert to Share.
- Slideshow at Dusk
- Monday, September 4th
- 2:00 PM - Labor Day Awards Ceremony
- Beach Activities Awards
- Trustee Awards
- Swim Team Awards
- 6:00 PM - Clap-Off - Beach Closes
FLA SUMMER HELP WANTED
Positions Open - Lifeguards, Assistant Beach Director, Badge Checker, Maintenance
The position of Assistant Beach Director is a full time salaried position.
- Supervising beach personnel in the absence of Beach Director
- Securing of beaches and facilities after completion of summer program
- Assisting Beach Director in maintaining work schedule for lifeguards
- Maintaining clean and professional image of self, staff, and all beach facilities
- Assisting in conducting and supervising all lifesaving drills for all lifeguards
- Assisting in conducting beach activities programs
- Enforcing all posted rules of the Fayson Lakes Association
- Must be 21 years of age
Night Supervisor position may also be available for the summer depending upon need - same job description as above.
The position of Main Beach Badge Checker is an hourly position.
- Checking badges of all people entering main beach; Selling day badges
- Punching family guest badges; Recording names of members and guests
- Accounting of money at the beginning and end of day
- Greeting everyone who enters in a friendly, welcoming manner
- Distributing items such as flyers and guest badges that may be asked by the Board or Beach Staff
- Keeping a watchful eye on the picnic area and informing the Beach Director or Assistant of anything that you may observe
The position of Lifeguard is an hourly position.
- Maintaining safety of the water and beach areas
- Enforcing beach rules
- Running beach activities and maintaining beach areas
- Must be a positive role model for children
- Must participate in weekly drills/laps
- Proper certifications required
Head Guard position is available as well.
- Supervising and mentoring guards
- Running weekly drills/laps
The position of Maintenance is an hourly position.
- Maintaining Fayson Lakes property
- Duties include: mowing, weed-whacking, weeding, painting, power washing, garbage removal, and other projects
- Hours vary per week
- Minimum age: 15 - Working Papers Required
- Must be responsible and have initiative to complete projects.
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please click to Download Application For Beach Positions (applications are also available at the office - please contact Cathy Luisi in the Business Office during business hours - 973-838-2043) and return it to:
The Fayson Lakes Association
10 Clubhouse Trail, Kinnelon, NJ 07405