Welcome to Fayson Lakes
THE FLA ACHIEVERS TO PUBLISH 2019 RESIDENT DIRECTORY
The FLA Achievers are publishing a 2019 Fayson Lakes Directory for CURRENT MEMBERS ONLY. Please help us with this endeavor and make sure to send in your information. There are two ways of providing your contact information:
- Return the Blue Sheet that was included with the Association Dues Mailing
- Electronically - Send your Address/First and Last Name/Home Phone/Cell Phone/Email Address to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also selling ads for the directory. Please click HERE for Ad Form with rates and sizes.
FLA ACHIEVERS FIRST YEAR RETROSPECTIVE AND CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION
2018 was the Achievers first full year of existence, and what a great year it was. Our many activities included Meetings every other month with Birthday Celebrations, Summer Potluck Dinners, Game Day, Bowling, Spanish Classes, Genealogy Classes, and the Creation of the Fayson Lakes Book Club. The Game Days in the winter months alternate between potluck lunches and just games. The favorite game for the group is "rummykub." We also support the Kinnelon Pantry by bringing food.
The Fayson Lakes Achievers' Christmas celebration was held on December 8th at the Clubhouse which was beautifully decorated by Pat Brinks and her helping elves Greg Meehan, Pat, and Jim James. Also gracing our table was a quilted basket, skillfully made by Shirley Hancock, filled with candy and a lotto ticket. The lucky person seated on a secretly marked chair was the recipient of this gift.
Thanks to A Taste of Reality who catered the occasion with Antipasto Salad, Chicken Marsala, Penne Vodka, rolls and butter. Members brought appetizers, drinks and desserts. We were all treated to Puerto Rican style Eggnog from Frances.
We were each tagged with the name of a famous person and had to guess who we were by asking questions to each other which could only be answered with "Yes or No." This was a great success as it made for wonderful mingling and conversation. The "white elephant" gift exchange was also much fun and entertaining.
We are looking forward to an exciting 2019. Just a reminder the Fayson Lakes Achievers is open to all Fayson Lakes residents and is not limited to us older, very active achievers.
FLA ACHIEVERS CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY
The plan for our dinners was that each attendee would bring their main entrée or something to barbecue. Each person brought an appetizer, side dinner dish or dessert. Sometimes, people brought dishes from a few categories, so we had a huge feast at each event.
Our meals included various types of delicious summer salads, hot & cold pasta dishes, salmon cakes, crab cakes, baked beans, empanadas, zucchini pie, cauliflower mac & cheese and MUCH more. Our sinfully delicious desserts included cakes, pies, cookies, homemade ice cream & brownies to name a few. Every potluck had lots of new things to try.
All of the attendees brought many delicious dishes. It was so much fun to try many new dishes and variations on traditional dishes. We have an extraordinary number of excellent cooks & bakers in our club and they wowed us at every potluck dinner!
Mother Nature didn't give us a great summer this year, but she was very good to the Achievers. We had planned all the dinners to be outside, and we had the Clubhouse as a back up if the weather wasn't good. We had lovely weather for the 1st five dinners. At the final dinner which was held on September 12th, there was a threat of rain, so we moved inside the Clubhouse. Our last dinner was the most well attended. It seems the word is spreading about the great food and fun time we have with new and old friends.
At our One Year Anniversary Meeting, we decided that we all had such a good time socializing, we wanted to continue the fun. So we have decided to try something new for the Fall. We already have a game day every other Thursday afternoon. So we thought it would be fun to have a combined event once a month (on the 1st Thursday of the month). We want to have the event during the day, so we will have a potluck lunch followed by game day. So far, we have scheduled our combined event for October 4th & November 1st, beginning at 1 PM in the Clubhouse. We hope it's as successful as the Summer potluck dinners so we can schedule this as an ongoing event through the Winter & Spring.
Game day is a great way to spend an afternoon and we encourage more members to join us for fun games and an afternoon of socializing.
Our first year was very successful thanks to many people, especially Frances Ochart for creating the Achievers Club, Jim James as treasurer, Noreen Cuccinello as secretary, Len Domino for running the Game Day and Pat James for running the Pot Luck dinners.
- Next Meeting: Friday, July 13th - 10:30 AM - Clubhouse.
- Pot Luck Dinner: Thursday, July 12th, Monday, August 6th and Tuesday, August 21st - 6:00 PM - Main Beach.
- Game Day (Games and Bocce): Thursday, July 12th 4:00 PM, Wednesday, July 25th 1:00 PM, Thursdays, August 9th, August 23rd and September 6th 1:00 PM - Clubhouse.
- Bowling: Thursdays, July 19th and August 16th - Contact email@example.com.
- First Anniversary Meeting: Friday, September 7th - 10:30 AM - Clubhouse
FLA Achievers - Club Headlines
- Regular Meeting: Every other month on the 1st Friday of the month.
- Book Club: Contact Peter Meyer firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-632-4584.
- Game Day: Every other Thursday at Clubhouse - 1:00 PM.
- Potluck at Main Beach: Every other Tuesday - 6:00 PM (Beginning June 12th).
- Bowling Party at Boonton Bowling Lanes: Date to be determined.
- Fayson Lakes Booklets for Sale: Contact Jim James 973-722-8107 or JJames90@optonline.net
- Sweatshirts for Sale: Contact Frances Ochart 919-530-0907 or email@example.com.
- Charitable Volunteer Activity: FLLA has "adopted" the Kinnelon Food Pantry (located at the Church of the Nazarene In Butler.)
FLA Achievers Sweatshirts
- The FL Achievers are selling sweatshirts. Available to all in Fayson Lakes. The color is Grayish White (Ash), with the FLA logo and the word 'ACHIEVERS' on the left pocket area.
- Crew Neck, Hoodies and Zip Hoodies are available.
- To order, please email FLAachievers@gmail.com.
- Click HERE to download the below flyer with the size chart and price list.
FLA Achievers Book Group
- The first meeting was held on March 19th.
- Book selected: The Choice: Embrace the Possible by Edith Eva Eger.
- The agenda discussion set forth how we will initially move forward:
- We will be meeting monthly
- We will decide on the next meeting date at the meeting
- We will vote on the next book to read based on recommendations from group
- We will meet in peoples homes, to be decided at the meeting
- Check Back Here for Next Meeting Date.
- If you think you'd like to attend the next meeting, please email Peter Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PS. We also do a lot of general socializing.
- After a very interesting meeting this past Tuesday, September 5th, our next selection is Atomic City Girls by Janet Beard. The meeting will be at 7:30 PM on Sunday evening the 30th of September at the home of Lucy Cilento, 11 Partridge Trail. All members of the Fayson Lakes Association are welcome to attend. For more information, please email Lucy Cilento at email@example.com.
FLA Achievers Meetings
- Achievers Meetings are open to all members of the Fayson Lakes Association who are, but not exclusively, of retirement age or older.
- Next Meeting: July - 10:30 AM in the Clubhouse.
NEXT MEETING IS THIS FRIDAY - 11/3
FUNDRAISER FOR POOL PROJECT
PICKUP TENNIS AT FAYSON LAKES
Hey Tennis Friends,
Announcing a new tennis opportunity...
Each Wednesday night at Main Beach courts - Open Tennis.
If you want to play, come on down to Main Beach at 7:00 PM with your racquet and tennis balls.
No weekly commitment - just show up when you can and meet other people who love to play like you.
Remember these courts have lights :-)
See you on Wednesday!!!